Tapingo: Junior Software Engineer – United States
The Junior Software Engineer will be passionate about learning new technologies while providing technical solutions to a given problem. Working with all levels of the Engineering and Business teams, the Junior Software Engineer will help maintain, enhance, and troubleshoot ongoing system needs across our core applications and API services. Utilizing Open Source Technologies, the Jr. Software Engineer will utilize his/her communication and technical skills to investigate and provide solutions to application issues.
The candidate must have strong communication skills and be able to work in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will feel comfortable working both independently and collaboratively and will use his or her communication skills to set realistic expectations for the business.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, 1-3 years experience a plus
- 1+ Object Oriented Programming
- Exposure to Web API/REST Services
- Understanding of JSON data structures
- Understanding of database technologies and SQL. NoSQL database exposure a plus
- Python experience a plus
- The Jr. Software Engineer will be responsible for assisting day-to-day application support tasks with the engineering team.
- Utilize Open Source technologies to troubleshoot and develop software solutions
- Establish and build software solutions utilizing Python
- Provide data analysis and data extracts using SQL
- Ability to communicate with business users to better understand application issues
- Competitive salaries
- Apple equipment no choice
- Paid time off
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Weekly happy hour
- A voice
We can promise you that the opportunities and technical challenges at Tapingo are unique – from our consumer facing apps used by students to buy their daily coffee and meals, the courier app used by our delivery teams, to the business facing in-store iPad apps and web dashboards
Job Title: Junior Software Engineer
Location: United States
Job Type: FULL-TIME