Sunrise Senior Living – Upper Arlington, OH – Wellness Nurse
Imagine practicing your life’s work in a warm, inviting setting. Welcome to Sunrise Senior Living. Being a nurse at Sunrise Senior Living is different than working in a hospital. Residents regard our team members as an extension of their own families. Guided by the principles of service, you’ll make special connections, developing bonds that enhance the level of care you’ll provide as a Wellness Nurse.
As a Wellness Nurse at Sunrise, you will promote the well being of residents in a team based home like environment. The Wellness Nurse is a key advocate for the Sunrise mission “to champion quality of life for all seniors”. As a part of this organization, you will find opportunities that provide more than just a job. Personal and professional growth is an integral part of your career experience.
The wellness Nurse is responsible for monitoring the health and well being of our residents and provides leadership support and assistance with resident care and services.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to overall well being of our residents, assisting in training and monitoring of medication care administration, communication with resident support services and families and maintaining clinical quality assurance while leading and demonstrating the Mission for Sunrise Senior Living, “to champion the quality of life for all seniors” in accordance with federal, state and local standards and Sunrise Senior Living policies to promote the highest degree of quality care and services to our residents
- Graduate of approved college or school of nursing
- Maintains a current state license as a professional Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN)
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in home health, assisted living, hospital or long term care environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of nursing practices, techniques and methods applied to heath and wellness resident care; federal and state and local regulations
- Demonstrated knowledge of good assessment skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication and the ability to teach and guide team members to provide quality clinical care
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel) with the ability to learn new applications
Come home to a different kind of nursing career and join the family at Sunrise Senior Living