Summer School Teachers Job in Houston, TX – Nobel Learning Communities, Inc.
Description of Summer School Teachers Job
- Houston Learning Academy–North Campus is located at 249 and 1960 in the Willowbook Mall area.
- Provide instruction to students in various academic areas; evaluate and monitor students” performance; and act as an advisor to students while preparing them for opportunities in both advanced education as well as entering the job market.
- EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS:
- Bachelor”s degree in the specialty to be taught or equivalent.
- TeacherWoodward Academy: Long Term Substitute Teacher, Upper School English - College Park, GA. Read more ... » credential as specified under state regulations.
- Advanced degree in education preferred.
- Previous secondary teaching experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and proficiency with technology and commitment to the unique role it plays in the educational arena of the 21st Century.
- COMMUNICATION & INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
- Exhibits strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Creates a responsive and productive working relationship with parents, children, teachers, other staff.
- Provide activities that actively engage students in learning tasks which are related to curriculum goals.
- Use a variety of strategies to determine and monitor student progress and level of achievement.
- Prepare assignments and needed materials before the beginning of the activity.
- Relate instructional objectives to HLA”s curriculum standards.
- Use inquiry, varied types of questions and probes to elicit student responses at various cognitive levels.
- Plans for and guides the learning process to help students achieve program objectives while providing opportunities for creative learning.
- Provide for varied levels of student performance including multi-level teaching and accommodations, when appropriate.
- Employ strategies that motivate, encourage and promote high performance in all students.
- Exhibit teacher/student interactions that reflect politeness, warmth, praise and cooperation.
- Use a variety of materials such as contextual, supplemental, teacher-constructed, teaching bulletin boards, audio-visual, hands-on, discovery and activity-based learning in instruction.
- Formalize lesson plans for upcoming instructional period.
- Use results of formal testing to evaluate student”s progress and instructional effectiveness, when appropriate.
- Inform students, parents, other teachers and administrators of students” progress as necessary.
- Implements useful diagnostic and progress assessment measures.
- Maintains open lines of communication with parents/guardians.
Job Location: Houston, TX US
Position Type: Part-Time
Salary: 15.00 – 20.00 USD
To apply Summer School Teachers Job vacancy >>> http://tinyurl.com/6noaw4r