Staff Nurse at Health and Hospitals Corporation in New York, NY
Staff Nurse Job Description
Staff Nurse Performs initial assessment and re-assessment of patient receiving care in the clinics.
Identify in writing as well as verbally the present physical and emotional condition of the patient including the history of the present and previous illness.
- Utilize assessment skills to determine appropriate nursing intervention(s) and plan of care.
- Staff Nurse Assign appropriate available non-nursing staff to the patient reflective of the degree of nursing care required, if applicable.
- Staff Nurse Indicate in the patient chart assessment of the nursing care based upon needs interview and assessment at the time of each visit.
- Staff Nurse Anticipate the work flow and delegate appropriate tasks, as evidence by completion of own work within allotted time.
Staff Nurse Demonstrate flexibility by response to:
- Scheduling changes
- Day to day changes in the patient population in the patient care area.
- Other identified adverse conditions.
- Administer prescribed treatment and medications.
- Report observed physical and emotional reactions and indicate in writing on the nurses’ notes.
- Staff Nurse Perform breast examination, techniques and patient teaching on self-breast examination.
- Participate in PI activities and implement corrective actions.
- Able to educate patients about asthma trigger.
Staff Nurse will Instruct the patient about the disease process and treatment.
- Asthma action plan
- Breathing exercise
- Peak flow
- Nebulizer treatment
- Inspire Ease
Staff Nurse Minimum Qualifications
- Licensed and currently registered or otherwise duly authorized to practice as a Professional Nurse in New York State; and,
- Demonstrated commitment to continued professional development.
Marketing Statement Staff Nurse
Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center is one of New York City’s premier acute care hospitals. Located in Downtown Bronx, Lincoln is a teaching hospital renowned for its Centers of Excellence, and a recognized industry leader in the implementation of state-of-the art medical technology and best practices. Our team of highly trained and caring medical professionals is dedicated to providing the highest quality health care that is safe, compassionate, culturally competent and patient-centered. Comprehensive services are offered in three major primary care areas: Medicine, Pediatrics, and Women’s Health in addition to more than eighty (80) specialty services. At Lincoln, the safety and comfort of our patients is our number one priority.