Make sure you like info hot job on facebook to be updated every time we find a fantastic opportunity for you Find your dream job! Search for jobs, post your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research
General Purpose: To assist in the closing process and preparation of financial statements and reporting for a division of DFA with specific oversight on financial analysis and product costing for two manufacturing plants as well as the division’s transportation fleet.
- Collect and analyze financial data and prepare monthly financial statements and management reports for the manufacturing operations and the transportation operations.
- Assist in month-end closing process.
- Detailed financial analysis on finished product costs by plant and product line incorporating raw materials and conversion costs.
- Detailed financial analysis on transportation revenue and expenses including a company owned fleet of approximately 150 power units.
- Assist in preparation of the monthly balance sheet account analysis book.
- Prepare data for management review and analysis on an as-needed basis.
- Assist in budgeting process.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, advance degree a plus.
- 4-6 years experience in general accounting with responsibilities in the closing process and financial statement preparation and analysis including product costing analysis and review.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint with strong 10 key skills.
- Ability to understand manufacturing operations/accounting.
- Ability to understand revenue and cost structures for a transportation fleet.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and team-building expertise.
- Detail oriented, able to make decisions, solve problems and respond to inquiries with limited supervision.
- Working knowledge of various accounting applications in a computerized environment.
- Experience with SAP a plus.