St. Francis Medical Center: Stroke Coordinator in Lynwood, CA
As a Registered NurseFirelands Regional Medical Center - Registered Nurse - Sandusky, OH. Read more ... » licensed by the State of California and employed by SFMC, the Stroke Coordinator NP is authorized to carry out all policy and procedures listed in the SFMC Nursing Policy and Procedure Manual and unit specific nursing manuals.
Additional responsibilities include:
- acting as a liaison between patients and other healthcare providers, coordinating functions as a resource for patient,
- family and nursing staff education, maintaining and establishing patient support programs and materials,
- promoting community awareness and education,
- incorporating high quality patient care,
- education and community service into daily practice supporting the mission of the DOCHS systems,
- facilitating plans for patient care and plan for nursing care across the continuum,
- performing patient rounds,
- responding to Code Stroke Alerts to assess/facilitate high quality patient care and ascertain stroke protocol(s) are followed.
- Demonstrated nursing advanced practice teaching skills, leadership skills, skills in critical thinking, and reading are essential.
- Knowledge of program plan development, adult learning skills, and familiarity with regulatory and accrediting agency standards preferred.
- Current clinical experience in an acute care hospital and one to two years teaching background.
- Staff NurseNationwide Children's Hospital - Diabetes Educator - Nurse Clinician - Columbus, OH. Read more ... » 3 or 4, and nurse clinicianNationwide Children's Hospital - Diabetes Educator - Nurse Clinician - Columbus, OH. Read more ... », with background in neurology-medical or surgical, Progressive Care or ICUClinical Nurse Educator, ICU - Nurse Educator - Jersey City, NJ. Read more ... ».
- MS required
- NP-C strongly preferred
- Current State of CA RN license required
- Current State of CA Nurse PractitionerVanderbilt University Medical Center for Nurse Practitioner VCH PCC Neonatal in Nashville, TN. Read more ... » license required
- NIH Stroke Scale certification
- BLS and ACLS required
- Additional certification based on clinical specialty
In collaboration with the Stroke Medical Director, the Stroke Coordinator provides leadership and facilitation to promote improved neurological patient outcomes. Serves as role model, educator and nursing advance practice resource to facilitate professional development of the health team and increase community awareness. Is responsible for facilitating the implementation, evaluation and maintenance of quality-focused programs and initiatives, including the Joint Commission, and other disease specific care (DSC) certifications from the Joint Commission. The focus of the job is program management that maintains a multi-disciplinary approach/collaboration to patient centered care.
This professional sustains and maintains adherence to the Joint Commission DSC Certification for Primary Stroke Centers, Clinical Practice Guidelines, Standards of Care, Elements of Performance, Brain Attack Coalition (BAC) and Joint Commission National Patient Safety goals, California DPHS standards, DOCHS quality initiatives and St. Francis Medical Center (SFMC) service goals. Under the supervision of the Stroke Program Medical Director and attending Neurologists, the Stroke Coordinator NP will perform approved Standardized Procedures and Practice Prerogatives including but not limited to assessment of laboratory findings including blood tests and cerebrospinal fluid studies, electromyography, MRI, CT Scan, EEG and X-rays.
The Stroke Coordinator NP will individualize patient care in order to manage illness, promote well being, foster rehabilitative and disease preventive life style choices, communicate with patients, their significant others, and their primary health care providers.
To apply Stroke Coordinator in Lynwood, CA >>> http://tinyurl.com/crk9t9dNone found.