South Central States Local Trades Union – Project Accountant – Washington, DC
Related adsPosition summary:
Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, or maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements.
- Mathematics – Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring – Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Active Learning – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Problem Sensitivity – The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Deductive Reasoning – The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Information Ordering – The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Oral Expression – The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Expression – The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Mathematical Reasoning – The ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem.
Experience And Education:
High School Diploma (or equivalent); Over 2 years, up to and including 4 years
Candidate must obtain Construction Accounting certification within six (6) months of hire through company-sponsored training and development program. For consideration, all candidates must successfully complete pre-employment process, which includes: skills assessment, drug & alcohol screening, interview, etc…
This position offers a competitive compensation package, outstanding benefits including Health, Dental, Disability, and Vision Insurance, 401k, and a great working environment.