Software Engineer Job in California at Cisco Systems – San Jose, CA
Software EngineerTEKTRONIX - Richardson, TX - Software Design Engineer. Read more ... » Job Description
Cisco seeks a Software Engineer to define, design and build a flexible, scalable framework for your new data center network with Cisco Nexus Switches. In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn a wide range of the core Layer 2/3 technologies. This Software Engineer job is an excellent opportunity to join Cisco’s latest acquisition in the Data Center space. The job involves working on a cutting edge storage product. We are looking for Software Engineer candidates who strive in a fast paced start like environment.
The work involves design and development in customized networking environment for some key system software. You will be part of a fast paced team responsible for delivering quality code for large complex systems requirements. Open communications, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and customer success are the foundations of the team with “pay for performance” culture. Thus, you set your own limits for learning, achievements and rewards.
Software Engineer Required Skills:
- 2-3 years of experience with embedded Software experience.
- Three to ten years of overall software experience
- Layer 2/3 protocol experience in Ethernet switching and IP routing
- Strong C programming skills.
- BSCS/CE is required MSCS/CE is preferred.
Software Engineer Responsibilities:
- Participate on a project team of engineers involved in the development of software for our next generation data center switch product family, with emphasis in the layer 2/3 protocols area.
- Define, architect, design, and deliver new software protocols and features for the Nexus platform.
- Software Engineer Work also involves providing constant feedback to hardware and software teams for improvements.
- Write complete functional and design specs independently.
- Write portions of product spec.
- Software Engineer Design & Develop large portions of software independently and rapidly.
Software Engineer Desired Skills:
Experience with any of the following areas is a plus:
- RTOS embedded experience ( VxWorks, PSOS, Linux OS)
- Hands on experience on switch/router embedded system software developmentTEKTRONIX - Richardson, TX - Software Design Engineer. Read more ... ».
- Strong problem solving and software development/troubleshooting skills.
Location: UNITED STATES.CALIFORNIA.SAN JOSE
Software Engineer Salary: competitive
Level of Experience: Experienced – Non Manager
To apply Software Engineer job vacancy >>> http://tinyurl.com/c6hfdut