Summary of Software Engineer Job
- Success in this position involves working effectively with the application domain experts, working within the established process framework, and demonstrating a set of fundamental software engineering skills that result in predictability in engineering, scheduling and the quality of products developed.
- The software engineer is responsible for working with the project teams (performing the marketing, applications, testing, and in some cases, manufacturing functions) to establish product requirements and develop fully tested software to meet established requirements.
- Works with the project team, with the application domain experts (e.g., application engineers, technical marketing) and possibly with the customers, to establish achievable requirements.
- Performs software engineering within the process framework established for the project. This framework will describe how requirements are developed and analyzed, how changes are made to requirements, how engineering work will be planned and tracked, how testing will be performed, and the criteria by which the performance of the project will be measured. Contributes to the continuous improvement of these processes.
- Maintains and archives design documents, source code, and other work products necessary for the project.
- Works with the project team to identify/clarify project goals, establish useful milestones, and develop a breakdown of the engineering tasks to be performed. During the development process, develops engineering effort/schedule estimates to support overall project scheduling, project tracking, and change control decisions.
- Works with the author of product documentation to assist in the development and review of product documentation.
- Participates in technical/design reviews as required by the project framework.
- Creates software designs, and implements and tests those designs to meet established requirements.
- As necessary, works independently or with quality assurance personnel to plan and execute product testing.
- As necessary, performs or enables the ongoing support of software through the creation of design documentation or the performance of defect isolation and resolution.
- As necessary, provides engineering work products and documentation to manufacturing and document control as necessary for successful product release.
- Other duties as required and requested by management.
To apply Software Engineer Job vacancy >>> http://tinyurl.com/7qf8ojr