Specifications of Software EngineerMaxim Integrated Products for Microcontroller Software Applications Engineer in Dallas, TX. Read more ... » Job:
- Our Software Engineer completes all technical development tasks pertaining to applications per approved projects and allocated budgets;
- Conducts necessary internal quality assurance, system testing, and load testing to insure that the application is of high quality when released to users for the User Acceptance Testing phase of the project (manage all necessary migration of software code to/from the respective environments – development, quality assurance, training);
- Interfaces as necessary with all critical integration points to insure that applications are integrating successfully and efficiently with all requested applications;
- Interfaces extensively with functional users to confirm the applicability of design alternatives, identifies and recommends cost effective options, and address user concerns;
- Provides detailed deployment documentation to the support group to insure preparedness to deploy new releases into the production environment within the service level agreement windows.
- Works closely with end users and corporate sponsors during the User Acceptance Testing phase of the project to insure that any and all necessary changes to the application can be accommodated to meet user requirements while also honoring timeline and budget restrictions;
- Designs, implements, and maintains databases with respect to access methods, access time, validation checks, and statistical methods;
- Configures, analyzes, designs, develops, and maintains program code and applications to support business processes and functions; works on large, complex installations;
- Maps workflow and creates design specifications based on functional requirements;
- Translates logical information model to efficient physical database designs;
- Responsibilities focus primarily on simple systems analysis and development activities.
- Develops data warehousing blueprints, evaluates hardware and software platforms, and integrates systems.
- Evaluates reusability of current data for additional analysis; reviews object and data models and the metadata repository to structure the data for better management and quicker access.
- Serves as an expert to application developers to provide expertise on database capabilities and constraints.
General software skills:
- Microsoft Visio required.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, Outlook) required.
- Highly desired background and working experience in: Adobe Photoshop, Silverlight, Windows Workflow Foundation (WWF), Windows Communications Foundation (WCF), Sharepoint development.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Typically requires BS/BA in related programming discipline; Generally 4 plus years of experience in related programming field required.
- Strong verbal communication skills required, excellent team player with a can do attitude.
- Proven ability to proficiently meet fast pace deadline driven projects consistently.
Core programming and web development skills:
- Visual Studio 2005, 2008, or 2010, C# (vb.net in addition would be a plus), ASP.NET, Visual SourceSafe or Subversion (SVN), Windows ClickOnce application development experience required.
- AJAX development experience required.
- HTML required. CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) required.
- Must be able to work in a standard office environment; no known hazardous or disagreeable work conditions.
- Ability to communicate effectively by telephone, correspondence or in person.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Some travel may be required.
To apply Software Engineer Job vacancy >>> http://tinyurl.com/7w3gzg2