Software EngineerWeatherford: Senior Software Engineer Database - Houston, TX. Read more ... » Job Description
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks a professional, innovative and meticulous individual for our Software Engineer position. If you have demonstrated successful experience in applying your Linux systems design skills in developing new products, then we invite you to join our technical team.
Software Engineer Responsibilities:
- Participate in preparation of software specifications.
- Design firmware/software.
- Implement firmware/software designs.
- Software Engineer Design and implement embedded Linux applications for protection, control, and automation products in power system use.
- Design and implement device drivers for embedded Linux systems.
- Write test plans and conduct design tests.
- Design and implement automated unit tests.
- Prepare and maintain designs and test documentation.
- Software Engineer Review data sheets and instruction manuals.
- Mentor Associate Engineers and technicians.
- Participate in industry technical meetings and conferences as needed to meet operational and strategic plans.
- Follow and improve R&D processes.
Software Engineer Qualifications:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years experience in a combination of the following areas:
- Linux embedded development including:
- Real-time software design
- Networking and Serial Protocols (i.e. TCP/IP, Ethernet, RS232, RS485)
- Linux application systems work including:
- Object oriented design
- Object oriented languages (C++, JAVA, Perl, Python)
- Shell scripting (bash, sed, awk)
- Linux OS administration
- Strong writing, documentation and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
Software Engineer Preferred Qualifications:
- Industrial controls
- 3-phase electric power systems
- Electric utility telecommunications
- Digital and analog circuitry
- Digital communication and signal processing
- Project management
To apply Software Engineer job vacancy >>> http://tinyurl.com/7887njx