Senior Software Engineer for Pillar Data Systems in San Jose, CA
- Develop software for the Pillar Axiom storage product.
- Working with the architecture team to ensure designs are complete.
- Developing High-Level and Low-Level software models (HLD/LLD).
- Holding design/code reviews with peer members.
- Writing clean, maintainable code in C and C++
- The unit was testing the system before submittal to a corporate build.
- Bug analysis, reproduction, and fixes.
- Providing assistance for any customer issues that arise.
- Working directly with the test team to develop feature and function test plans.
- Helping out with critical customer escalations.
Software Engineer Essential Functions
This position REQUIRES at least ten years of experience in software development preferably in the networked storage industry (NAS and SAN)
Software Engineer Required Technical Skills
- Recent experience developing kernel modules for the Solaris operating system.
- Solaris Device driver design and development experience
- Experience debugging with Solaris DTRACE
- Expert level programming experience in C and C++ on an Intel / AMD x86 platform.
- History of writing clean, maintainable code that passes architectural scrutiny.
- Five years experience in developing multi-threaded POSIX multi-processor solutions.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER DESIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Working knowledge of Infiniband
- Working knowledge of Serial Attached SCSI
- Working awareness of the operation/configuration of a Storage Area Network (SAN)
- Working knowledge of the operation/configuration of Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Experience with Perforce, CVS, Rational Rose or other source code control systems.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER OTHER SKILLS
- Ability to work rotating shifts of sustaining engineering (Customer Triage)
- Possible domestic or international travel to assist in a critical customer issue.
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends to assist customer support.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER REQUIRED INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
- Top notch communication skills both spoken and written.
- A passion for doing things right the first time with extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask between various projects.
- Ability to handle changing priorities based on business need.
- The driven personality that finds a problem takes ownership and drives it to resolution.
- Team player – Ability to work cross functionally with other teams (Test engineering etc.)
Software Engineer Minimum Education: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent. – Required Masters Degree in Engineering – Preferred.
Software Engineer Minimum Experience: 10 Years.
Analytical / Interpersonal Skills: Strong communications skills