Responsibilities of Senior Accountant Job
- Function as a resource to site property teams as required coordinating procedures, responding to accounting questions, and responding to client questions.
- Maintain a comprehensive technical and functional understanding of the general ledger system and other systems being utilized.
- Development and presentation of reports to the management and field teams as required.
- Ensure accurate maintenance of financial data, and reconcile systems appropriately.
- Assist in coordinating monthly variance and reforecasting meetings with facility teams and senior business analyst.
- Gain complete understanding of client accounting requirements, communicate requirements to staff and property teams, and ensure requirements are met as established by the client.
- Coordinate billings to the client, and monitoring collection.
- Assist with coordination of internal controls, cash management, and general ledger accounting.
- Identify and develop process improvements that will continually increase the accuracy and speed with which invoices are processed, cash requests are delivered to the client, cash accounts are balanced, and reports are delivered to the management team and client.
- Ensure proper accounting systems and processes are in place and maintained in accordance with GAAP.
- Develop and maintain all necessary manuals associated with the accounting process.
- Ensure Purchase Card coding and receipt requirements departmental system.
- Oversee and/or assist in the completion of internal and client financial audits as required.
- Special projects and other functions as required by manager.
- Ensure proper employee expense report requirements are being adhered to.
- Conduct periodic systems training as the need arises.
- Participate in annual budgeting process.
- Occasional travel required (1-2x/year.)
A career at Jones Lang LaSalle puts you in the center of one of the largest, most sophisticated and industry-leading commercial real estate and investment management firms in the world. We are recognized globally for creating real value for clients and employees. Recent awards include
- World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune magazine (2008, 2009, 2011)
- Best Big Companies, Forbes magazine’s Platinum 400 (2006, 2007, 2008)
- World’s Most Ethical Companies, Ethisphere Institute (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
- Sustainable Cities Award, Financial Time and Urban Land Institute (2008)
- 100 Best Corporate Citizens, CRO magazine (2007, 2009)
- 505 Out Front Companies for Diverse Leadership: Best Places for Diverse Managers to Work (2011)
We attract, develop and reward the best, and most diverse, people in our industry, challenging them to develop enduring client relationships built on core values like trust, integrity, respect and excellence. When you join our team, you become part of a vibrant environment that is committed to equipping you with the resources to develop a long-lasting and rewarding career.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting; CPA desirable.
- A minimum of 3-5 years accounting experience
- Ability to work independently and within a team to build relationships and interact effectively with business partners
- Intention to advance professionally with increasing responsibility and demonstrated desire for future management role
- Ability to deal with a large volume of data
- Knowledge of JDE Enterprise One highly preferred.
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask, work successfully under pressure, and effectively prioritize and manage time and workload to meet client needs
- Adept at successfully implementing business initiatives
- Understanding of and commitment to client services
- Advanced analytical, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated consistency in values, principles and work ethic
- Willingness to take on new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Collaborative management style
To apply Senior Accountant Job vacancy >>> http://tinyurl.com/6unqz6h