School Professionals: Substitute Teacher – New York, NY
Substitute teaching enables you to help shape the lives of young people and make a difference in the community while giving you the flexibility to work around your schedule. As a substitute teacher through School Professionals, you’ll be able to make your schedule, just enter in your availability on a weekly basis and we’ll give you a call if there is an assignment matching your qualifications. We work with over 150 schools in New York City, with plenty of jobs available.
As a substitute teacher you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out the professional duties of a teacher as circumstances may require
- Adhering to school policies and School Professionals policies
- Possessing a positive attitude while working in a fast-paced environment
- Reporting for scheduled work reliably and punctually
- Maintaining a clean, safe, and supportive classroom environment
By joining School Professionals, the leading provider of substitute teachers to private/charter schools in NYC, you will be able to take advantage of a flexible per diem schedule as well as gain exposure to many different classroom environments within the five boroughs of NYC. You’ll also be able to take advantage of School Professionals’ many benefit programs including subsidized HMO and prescription plans, employer matched 401k, low-cost dental coverage, Transit Cheks, referral bonuses and child care assistance.
School Professionals also runs a prize program, where you could win great prizes such as an iPad Air, iPad or iPad Mini.
Teacher Job Requirements
- At least one year of relevant experience preferred
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in the United States required
Qualified candidates must have:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher (NYS Certification preferred)
- Experience: At least 6+ months experience in a Lead/Co-Teacher capacity
- Must be willing to be fingerprinted
School Professionals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job is presented to you by School Professionals, a division of the TemPositions Group of Companies, which is a leading provider of the substitute, full-time and direct-hire teachers to independent, charter and parochial schools, as well as Head Start programs. To learn more about employment opportunities visit our website at www.schoolprofessionals.com
School Professionals is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
Jahaira De Castro, Director of Operations
420 Lexington Avenue
New York, New York 10170
- Job Title: Substitute Teacher
- Location: New York, NY
- Job Categories: Classroom Teacher