School Nurse Major Responsibilities and Duties Nursing Services:
- Provide direct care utilizing professional assessment skills, the nursing process, and established school health protocols.
- Serve as health advocate for students.
- School NurseTexas Children's Hospital: Staff Nurse Outpatient AI Clinic - Houston, TX. Read more ... » to Notify parents of accident or illness and secure medical care for students in emergency cases (if parents or emergency contact cannot be reached).
- Coordinate management system to administer medications to students at school. Administer medications according to district policy and procedures.
- School NurseJewish Child and Family Services: School Health Nurse - Chicago, IL. Read more ... » Establish and implement effective procedures for mandatory screening programs. Make referrals as necessary.
- Develop and coordinate continuing evaluation of campus health program and make changes based on findings. Instruction
- School Nurse Participate in development of campus health education curriculum and provide health education to individuals and groups.
- Educate faculty and staff as needed on health related topics.
- School Nurse Provide health counseling and instruction to individual students Consultation
- Serve as health liaison between school, physicians, parents, and community.
- School Nurse Assess student problems and make appropriate referrals working with students, teachers, parents, and medical and health care professionals as needed.
- School Nurse Participate in Admission, Review, and Dismissal Committee, crisis team, and school committees and develops Individual Health Plan.
- School Nurse Collaborate with other professionals regarding implementation of health-related Individual Education Plan (IEP) items.
- Participate in assessment and reporting of suspected child abuse.
- School Nurse Make home visits to help with student health problems as necessary with permission of principal.
- School Nurse Communicate regularly with principal, health services coordinator, school counselor, teachers, parents, food services, and other staff regarding health services issues. Administration
- Review and evaluate immunization records.
- Supervise and train nurse aide(s) and LVN(s) in clinic procedures and responsibilities according to district policy.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required, including clinic records and accurate, updated health records on all students.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed to maintain clinic inventory.
- School Nurse Comply with policies established by federal and state laws, Texas Department of Health rule, State Board of Education rule, and board policy in health services area.
- Report potential health and safety hazards to principal.
- Comply with all district and campus routines and regulations. Professional Development
- Maintain certification in CPR, vision and hearing screening, and as a health screener.
- School Nurse Model behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible. Supervisory
School Nurse Responsibilities:
Direct the work of licensed vocational nurse (LVN) and assigned health clinic aide(s).
School Nurse Equipment Used: Thermometer, blood pressure cuff, audiometer, otoscope, sphygmomanometer, vision screening equipment, thermoscan, basic clinic equipment, personal computer, and copier.
School Nurse Qualifications:
- Knowledge of health appraisal to identify student health defects
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to implement policies and procedures
School Nurse Experience:
- Two years nursing experience, preferably in community health
School Nurse Salary Range: Commensurate with TCISD Hiring Schedule.
To apply School Nurse job >>> http://tinyurl.com/66zpn7p