SAIC currently has an opening for a Software EngineerSoftware Development Engineer for Woot, Inc. in Carrollton, TX. Read more ... » in Carrollton, TX.
Software Engineer receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives. Performs software analysis, design and tests software specific to area of business. Determines system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters to meet business requirements. May provide guidance to others to achieve goals in accordance with established policies.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical subject area with a minimum 3-5 years proven experience in each area, at least 5 years preferred:
- Ability to analyze and create Requirement Specification and Functional Specification
- Ability to understand the existing application architecture and propose new architecture compatible with old application
- Ability to create design document from the Requirement and Functional specifications
- Ability to understand the impact of change in application
- Ability to develop application from the design document
- Ability to create unit test plans
- Ability to coordinate with offshore team and resolve their queries
- Ability to interface with customer and understand their requirements
- Ability to automate test cases using QTP and has ability to use Quality Center
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to setup their PC with network connectivity and install products needed to perform job duties
- Ability to perform peer reviews
- Ability to interact with client
- Managerial skills (ability to assign tasks, lead a team, lead meetings, report status, etc.)
- Ability to use Subversion, Visual Source Safe, SharePoint, Netbeans
- Ability to explain requirement specs to team members
Basic level requirements (minimum 1 year proven experience in each area)
- Ability to understand a Project Plan with budgeting and risk analysis.
- Ability to use web browsers
- Ability to use MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to use MS Outlook
Oil and Gas domain knowledge is a big plus.
Prior work on distributed development teams is a big plus.