Rockwell Automation – Austin, TX – Software Engineer – Java UI
Rockwell Software is looking for a Software Engineer with strong java-based user interface experience. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing team to help create our next generation product and be a key contributor to the customer-facing experience. You’ll have a chance to work on a project used by hundreds of firms in dozens of industries to measurably impact the bottom-line.
As an ideal candidate, you’ll be expected to develop software independently based on technical specifications. You must apply your experience in programming best practices to develop world-class solutions that translate to clear client benefit. You must be able to learn and adapt quickly to a wide variety of influences as market places change and grow. You will need to work well in a team environment and communicate well.
If you’ve got a passion for good design and elegant, compelling user interfaces, we want you.
- Participate in design and implementation of the user interfaces to the system
- Interact with other development team members to refine other parts of the system to better support the user and user interfaces.
- Work with QA, product management, and customers to evaluate and improve usability
- 3+ years experience as a key member of a UI design and implementation team
- Proven track record of producing compelling user interfaces from the ground up
- In-depth knowledge of Java and J2EE
- Solid understanding of programming patterns, data structures and algorithms
- Eclipse EMF/GMF/SWT a plus
- Prior experience in process automation or production environment a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
OTHER MUST HAVES:
- Strong focus on usability and human interface design practices
- Listens and communicates well
- Team player – builds works well with others in development and throughout the organization
- Creative problem solver – Ability to solve problems with creative bundled solutions