Registered Nurse Job at MedExpress Urgent Care – Christiansburg, VA
RESPONSIBILITIES of Registered NurseFirst Care of New York Inc. for Registered Nurse in Bronx, NY. Read more ... » Job include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for assisting the physician in calling patients and informing them of their lab and x-ray results and for calling critical patients back to check on their health status; scheduling physician referrals; obtaining insurance information for specialist’s referrals and pharmacy issues; and patient education.
- Collects and prepares specimens for laboratory analysis. Assesses and properly handles test results.
- Assists the practitioner with examinations, procedures, and other duties.
- Responsible for assessing, screening and triaging patients.
- Required to maintain CME hours as dictated for maintaining individual licensure.
- Documents and maintains medical records.
- Collects and documents vital signs.
- Responsible for administration of medications per orientation and training designation.
- Prepares exam rooms. Responsible for decontamination of equipment and stocking of supplies.
- The administration of medical services. Responsible for ensuring the well-being of patients and for providing a positive, supportive environment for patients and other staff.
- Attends facility in-services and required staff training and meetings.
- Obtains and maintains patient intravenous access.
- Full-Time – Works three 12-hour shifts per week.
- Part-Time – Works a minimum of one 12-hour shift per week and could work two depending on scheduling.
- Casual – Guaranteed one 12-hour shift per month. Could work more covering call-offs, vacations ect.
- Requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood borne pathogens.
- Travel to other clinics may be required.
MedExpress Urgent Care’s vision summarizes the business model and offers insight into the important culture that drives the company’s ability to provide a customer experience that is unsurpassed in existing, and other, markets.
Highly-trained professionals are a hallmark at MedExpress Urgent Care. The MedExpress model attracts the best in the business. We carry high expectations for our team:
- A 110% commitment to customer service.
- Teamwork and patient care require professionalism at all times.
- Attention to detail isn’t just a statement…we demand it.
Live the vision – Great Care. Fast.®
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits program.