Prudential: Financial Professional Associate Job in Marlton, NJ
Description of Prudential Financial Professional Associate
The Financial Professional Associate position is a sales position with The Prudential Insurance Company of America selling insurance and financial services. Financial Professional Associates participate in a comprehensive development program, developing product knowledge, and selling experience while offering appropriate insurance and investment products to help clients meet their financial goals.
After the training and development program, many will continue to be financial services generalists, assisting clients with a range of insurance and investment needs; others will go on to develop a specialty, such as fee-based financial planning, insurance for business needs, or estate planning needs.
The Financial Professional Associate’s general duties include the responsibility to:
- Make the necessary adjustments in the policyholder’s portfolio in light of changes in the policyholder’s needs. Although many transactions are handled by the Customer Service Office, an Financial Professional Associate should understand how to provide services, such as processing loans, surrenders, changes in beneficiary, claims, policy options, and the like, as well as being able to explain to customers the effect of these transactions.
- Prospect for clients, develop insurance and investment programs and make sales presentations regularly for a broad range of life and non-life insurance contracts and financial products and services sold by Prudential Financial companies.
- Propose insurance and investment products most suitable to the applicant’s needs and ability to pay.
- Maintain records of account, and render when required, on forms provided by Prudential, a report of all business transacted and complete accounting of all monies received on behalf of Prudential Financial companies.
- Maintain in force the existing insurance and investments products of clients, secure the reinstatement of insurance that has lapsed, and perform all the duties incident to the care and conservation of the business assigned by Prudential. This may apply to all policies, whether or not the insurance was originally sold by the Financial Professional Associate.
- Conform to and abide by the procedures, rules and requirements of Prudential Financial companies and the state or states where the Financial Services Associate operates.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Self Confident and Autonomous
- Customer Service Focused
- Revenue Focused (Sales Influence and Persuasion, Sales Resilience, Sales Initiative)
- Responsible and Committed
- Drive and Initiative
- Good Business Communication Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Good Critical Thinking
- Ability to Problem Solve, and develop ideas
- Ability to use basic math skills to problem solve
- High school diploma or GED qualification required
Any applicant selected for this position will be required to submit to an extensive background screening and a credit check. Failure to comply will eliminate an applicant from consideration for this position. Any negative information obtained as a result of the background screening may result in the disqualification of the applicant from this and any other position in Prudential, including their current position if they are an internal applicant.
Insurance is issued by The Prudential Insurance Company of America and its affiliates. Securities are offered by Pruco Securities, LLC. Investment advisory services are offered through Prudential Financial Planning Services, a division of Pruco Securities, LLC. Each is a Prudential Financial company located in Newark, NJ, and is solely responsible for its respective financial condition and contractual obligations. The Prudential Insurance Company of America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.