Principal Software Engineer job at Digital Prospectors in Waltham, MA
Software Engineer Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design, development, integration, testing and deployment of Blackduck Software’s online developer community web site.
- Participates in product/program collaboration, which includes product specification, system design, development and system integration.
- Apply creativity in developing new product concept and development, deliver product prototype.
- Conduct new technology research, concept specification and design of individual software components.
Software Engineer Requirements:
- Hands on experience object-oriented software design and development including experience in developing complex web-based systems.
- 8+ years of programming experience with any modern, object-oriented and/or dynamic language like Java, Python, Ruby.
- 3+ years of development experience with Ruby on Rails building complex web applications.
- Experience with test driven development using RSpec/Cucumber.
- Experience with acceptance testing tools.
- SQL programming knowledge and experience with databases like PostgreSQL.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Proven ability to move forward with limited guidance.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science/Engineering.