Primrose School: Kindergarten Teacher Jobs – Chesapeake, VA
Kindergarten Teacher Jobs Responsibilities:
- Provides the children with verbal praises and acceptance while providing clear and consistent expectations for the children’s behavior.
- Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of a class of children.
- Assesses each child’s developmental needs on an ongoing basis.
- Assists in other capacities as determined by the Director.
- Plans with the Director all required parent-teacher conferences and student evaluations.
- Ensures that all class bulletin boards are current and provides the parents with an overview of the material taught in class.
- Plans with the Director and implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule using the Primrose School curriculum outlines and materials.
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas, and playgrounds.
- Assists and coordinates snacks, meals, nap time and bathroom activities.
- Maintains the Primrose Schools professional attitude and work behavior.
- Provides an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages creativity, exploration, and decision-making by the children.
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops, and school functions as determined by the Director.
- Observes all rules and regulations of Primrose Schools and the local, state or national regulatory agencies about the health, safety, and care of children.
- Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines offered in the training manual.
- Knowledge as a parent or in previous work experience of the social, emotional and creative needs of young children.
- Must meet basic requirements of the local child care regulatory agency.
- Ability to relate positively with young children.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations.
- Certification or a license, for the state the school is licensed in.
- Previous teaching or assistant teaching position with a public or private school system, a quality preschool, child care center or church nursery is preferred.
- Must meet all Primrose Schools and local, state or national basic health requirements as well as other conditions.
- First Aid training, as required.
- Must complete all necessary company employment and payroll forms.
- In states where required, personnel will have a fingerprinting and criminal investigation report completed.
Reporting Relationship: Reports directly to the Director