PayPal for Lead Software Engineer in Austin, TX
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Conceive, design, develop and maintain tools for Big Data analytics. These tools range from SAS macros to complex scripts for data analysis and transformations, processing terabytes of data.
- Work closely with Platform and Research leadership to prioritize the new Tools requests and Tools enhancements. Plan for and secure additional resources.
- Be a central point of contact for all Tools used in detection. Create and manage a repository of tools and enable broader team members to contribute tools by providing standards and processes for collaboration.
- Provide technology leadership to the team, evangelize the tools usage and drive adoption of standards.
- A small part of the job will involve researching academic and industry trends on analytical tools and working with Platform and Research leadership to adopt new technologies onto the roadmap.
- Experienced engineer with strong scripting skills in Perl / Python / Shell scripts, processing large datasets.
- Experience with SAS, designing and developing advanced Macros for automating analytical and modeling tasks.
- Exposure to data mining advanced analytics and / or machine learningSoftware Engineer California Machine Learning Job at Palantir Technologies - Palo Alto, CA. Read more ... ».
- Nice to have: Knowledge of parallel processing techniques and how to handle big data (such as Hadoop, Teradata, AbInitio, DataStage, NetworkSpaces, etc).
- Experience with large group development lifecycles respecting dev/test/prod stages and release management.
- Abilty to understand and encode statistical algorithms in SAS, R, Java, and related languages.
Education Masters Degree or Equivalent
to apply : http://tinyurl.com/2ccjdfo