Nurse Practitioner opportunity at University of Toledo
- Capabilities within the collaborative contract arranged with the Nurse Practitioner (NP) and physician.
- Participates in the coordination of patient care activities in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary health team at UTMC and with clinical liaisons at network hospitals.
- Offers leadership by serving as a clinician, clinical expert, educator, consultant, and liaison for the network.
- Work along with the Directors to coordinate the operations of the UTMC Telemedicine program.
- NPs can serve as health care resource providers, patient advocates, and interdisciplinary consultants with the Health Care Team (HCT).
- The NPs work autonomously and in collaboration with the physicians within a Standard Care Arrangement (SCA) to diagnose, treat, and manage individuals or population of patients.
- In addition, the NP will identify and communicate updates in the protocols for acute stroke care management and other neuro-emergency care with the clinical team at the network hospitals.
Department:OP-Clinic-Neurology – 110290
Campus/Location:Health Science Campus
Regular or Temporary:Regular
- National certification as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program.
- BLS certified.
- ACLS certified.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills necessary.
- On call required. May work all shifts and weekends.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Board Certified Nurse Practitioner (American Nurses Credentialing Center).
- Application submitted to The Ohio Board of Nursing for Certificate to Prescribe.
- Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio.
- BLS Certified.
- ACLS certified.
- Experience as a Registered Nurse.
Salary/ Pay Range: Commensurate with education and experience.
- Prefer experience in providing educational seminars, outreach, and project management.
- Prefer knowledge of current treatments and guidelines for acute stroke care and the most current approaches in managing the care delivery for acute stroke patients (thrombolytics and interventional timelines).
- Minimum of 4 years experience in clinical service area, preferably in neuro- critical care, emergency services and/or stroke care.
- Demonstration of TQM, leadership, communication, organizational and management skills.
- Experience as a care coordinator with excellent insight/knowledge re: insurance reimbursement, integral criteria for admission/continued hospital stay, discharge planning/utilization of resources within the institution, preferred.
To apply Nurse Practitioner job vacancy >>> http://tinyurl.com/c45vxtx