Nurse Practitioner Midwife Job at Intermountain Healthcare – Sandy, UT
Position Specific Duties
This Nurse Practitioner Midwife position is accountable for the provision of patient care and other duties as permitted by licensure and defined within Credentialing and Privileging documentation (hospital), Credentialing and Scope of Practice (Medical Group), Consultation and Referral Plan (NP), Delegation of Services Agreement (PA) (DOPL) or other similar documentation as appropriate.
This position is responsible to provide quality full-scope nurse-midwifery care to obstetric patients and gynecologic clients and to actively contribute to the professional development and financial success of the nurse-midwifery department.
Clinical Practice of Nurse Practitioner Midwife Job
- Perform patient assessment to obtain a complete and accurate record of the patient’s clinical information and medical symptoms. Order tests and exams to obtain additional information needed to ensure proper and complete care of patient.
- Based on assessment, diagnose patient needs and determine a plan of care. Interpret patient care tests and exams to obtain needed information to guide care.
- Provide for the treatment of the patient (and oversee the treatment provided by others) including appropriate prescriptive practice to achieve optimal clinical outcomes for the patient. Utilize advanced specialty knowledge to ensure that the care provided is appropriate, effective, timely, and cost efficient.
- Perform diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedures as defined by scope of practice.
- Appropriate and timely documentation of clinical care. Code and bill accurately per established protocol and procedure. Ensure that records are detailed and complete, and comply with related standards and regulations.
- Coordinates and collaborates patient care efforts with other care providers.
- Communicates clinical information timely, accurately, thoroughly, and appropriately to other providers of patient care.
- May collaborate with other care providers in the effective sharing of practice expertise.
- Nurse Practitioner Midwife Job may participate in research and utilizes evidence-based practice to promote quality patient care, protocol development, care process model development, and best practice standards for assigned patient population. Supports professional development through research processes.
Education of Nurse Practitioner Midwife Job
- Conduct and/or coordinate education to increase the knowledge of patient, patient family, and others. Providing appropriate instruction based on patient needs to support the continuum of care.
- Train other staff in areas of clinical expertise. Provides teaching of students as appropriate to increase their clinical knowledge and ensure safe patient care.
- Stay abreast of current trends in healthcare practice and participate in continuing medical education to ensure optimal clinical knowledge and effective patient care skill.
Minimum Requirements of Nurse Practitioner Midwife
- Current Utah License as a Certified Nurse Midwife or license eligible
- Certification as a Nurse Midwife or eligible for certification
- Eligible for State Controlled Substance License II through V
- Eligible for Federal DEA Certificate II through V
- This Nurse Practitioner Midwife position requires verifiable current Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer CPR certification. An original card must be verified prior to start date or the job offer will be withdrawn.
Entry Rate: Based on experience
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Shift Details: This position will work Monday through Friday with rotating weekends and call
To apply Nurse Practitioner Midwife job vacancy >>> http://tinyurl.com/6qxec75