Nurse Practitioner job at UCONN Health Center in CT
At the UCHC, this class works collaboratively and in an interdisciplinary manner to provide care to patients in the Huntington’s (HD) Disease Program.
Nurse Practitioner REQUIREMENTS:
General Experience: Candidates must possess a Master’s Degree, a license as a Registered Nurse and as an APRN in the State of CT and have completed an accredited Nurse Practitioner program.
- Incumbents in this class must possess a valid license to practice in the State of Connecticut, as well as maintain certification as an advanced practice nurse.
- Previous experience working with neurologic and psychiatric chronic disease
- Previous experience with clinical trials and research projects
- Understanding of the genetic, legal, social and economic issues of Huntington’s Disease.
- Willingness to become proficient in motor assessments for Huntington’s Disease clients and to become certified by the Huntington Study Group and the European Huntington’s Disease Network.
- Incumbents in this class may be exposed to communicable and infectious diseases.
- Incumbents in this class may be required to travel, locally, to other health care facilities, meetings, etc.
Examples of Clinical Duties: Assessment and treatment for people with Huntington’s Disease including psychiatric, motor, cognitive and functional assessments. Prescribe medication and medical therapeutics. Order diagnostic and laboratory tests and evaluate the outcome of all interventions. Manage a caseload of patients and coordinate care. Educate families and other caregivers about Huntington’s Disease. Provide in-service education to other care providers as requested. Mentor and help to provide a stimulating and educational placement for residents and other health care students. Other duties as required.
Examples of Research Duties: Coordinate research projects as assigned including preparation of documents for the Institutional Review Board, managing regulatory binders, scheduling of subjects with follow-up appointments, and proficiency in entering data on computers. Coordinate material and personnel requirements to fulfill research project responsibilities. Perform EKGs.
SCHEDULE: 30 hours per week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, with other days of the week, as assigned.
FULL TIME EQUIVALENT MINIMUM NURSE SALARY: $86,681
To apply Nurse Practitioner Job: http://tinyurl.com/3wrsf8y