Nurse Practitioner job at Take Care Health in Durham, NC
Take Care Health Systems is seeking an experienced PER DIEM Nurse Practitioner for our on-site health service clinic in Durham, NC
As part of Walgreens Health and Wellness division, Take Care Health Systems includes Take Care Consumer Solutions, managers of convenient care clinics located at select Walgreens drugstores nationwide, and Take Care Employer Solutions, managers of worksite-based health and wellness services. The company combines best practices in healthcare and the expertise and personal care of our trusted community of providers to deliver access to high-quality, affordable and convenient healthcare to all individuals. We operate on-site employee health centers, pharmacies and fitness centers for many of the country’s largest corporations and federal agencies.
Summary: The nurse practitioner (NP) uses clinical judgments in conducting health assessments making a differential diagnosis, and prescribing pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments. Plans are implemented through independent action, health counseling, and collaboration with other members of the health team. The NP is responsible for clinical oversight and health center consultation regarding administration of health care policy and procedure of the delivery of on-site health services. The NP promotes optimum health, prevents illness and injury, and manages acute and chronic health problems in the on-site setting.
- Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of Physician
- Orders interprets and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients’ clinical problems and health care needs
- Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition.
- Provides written home-going instructions
- Collaborates with Physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan as necessary
- Prescribes or recommends medications or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures
- Refers patients to Physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment
- Maintains medical records (In some health centers it may be using Electronic Medical Record software)
- Educates and coaches nursing staff on best nursing practices
- Other duties as assigned
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
While working at this employer site, you will have the ability to get to know the employee’s of our client, while helping to improve their health and wellness status.
If you seek an exciting, new opportunity that offers a competitive Nurse-salary, excellent benefits package, and a great environment – bring your energy, enthusiasm, and expertise to Take Care Health Systems.
We offer competitive wages.
- Take Care Health Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of nice people! M/F/D/V
- Master’s degree (MSN) required At least three years of clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner in an ambulatory care, occupational health, family practice or emergency department setting
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations preferred
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner in state of practice
- Nationally Certified as a Family or Adult Nurse Practitioner
- Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for medical provider is required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services
- Appropriate certification to write prescriptions under the authority of the Medical Leader, if allowed within state of practice
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software, and Word Processing software
Preferred Nurse Practitioner Qualifications:
- Training skills a plus Demonstrated problem-solving and worked flow management skills
- Awareness and experience with Electronic Medical Records