Nurse Midwife Job at Regions Hospital – Saint Paul, MN
NurseHEALTHSOUTH CORPORATION for Registered Nurse in Sarasota, FL. Read more ... » Midwife Job Position
Service excellence is to be centered on patient care and patient relationships and is the responsibility of all employees. Teamwork is the norm and all employees will be held accountable to work as effective team members. As a primary provider, the nurse midwifeCommunity of Hope: Certified Nurse Midwife - Washington, DC. Read more ... » delivers gynecologic and obstetric services to essentially healthy, normal female patients. Patients are assessed and appropriate intervention implemented. Nurse Midwife Job Problem-solving skills support independent judgements made in collaboration with physicians and GHI protocols. Specific nurse midwife services are delivered and delegated. Medical functions are performed.
QUALIFICATIONS of Nurse Midwife Job:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing — M.S. desired
- Current RN license, CPR and N.A.Ls certificates
- Graduate of a mid-wifery educational program approved by the American College of Nurse Midwives
- Certified by the ACNM or eligible certification with certifications obtained as soon as possible
- Active member of the ACMN (American College of Nurse Midwives)
- Nurse Midwife Job Must possess body mobility, coordinated dexterity of hands, ears, and eyes. Must have sensory acuity and good verbal ability.
ACCOUNTABILITIES of Nurse Midwife Job:
- Execute health assessment, comprehensive physical exam and history.
- Provide antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum services.
- Identify potential problems, risk factors, complications or emergencies.
- Provide assessment, planning and intervention for acute, minor gynecological illness.
- Monitor chronic and stable gynecological conditions.
- Organize and communicate relevant data about patients.
- Collaborate with physicians and other health professionals.
- Attend selected meetings. Belong to appropriate committees and support GHI policies and procedures.
- Execute health assessment, comprehensive physical exam and history. Performance will be up to standard when:
- Comprehensive baseline health, medical, obstetrical, gynecological history is obtained.
- Body systems are reviewed and physical exam is performed.
- The need for and meaning of Papanicolau smears and breast exams is taught.
- Screening exams are completed and appropriate testing and exams are ordered and interpreted accurately.
- Patient perceptions and information about the physical and emotional environment is obtained.
- Provide antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum services. Performance will be up to standard when:
- Diaphragms, IUD, birth control pills and cervical caps are properly given.
- Birth control measures are monitored and patients are taught, counseled and included with assessment of patients understanding.
- Counseling in human sexuality and reproductive responsibility is performed.
- Initial pre-natal and return pre-natal exams are performed.
- The first stage of labor includes assessment of vital signs, assessment of physical status and progress of labor, utilizing procedures and medications delineated in GHI protocols.
- Delivery of baby includes determining place of delivery, assessment of mothers blood pressure, fetal heart tones and length of second stage of labor.
- The third stage of labor progresses within 30 minutes or a physician is notified.
- An initial newborn assessment is made and the newborn is managed per routine or a physician / anesthetist is notified.
- Routine postpartum orders are followed. Daily hospital visits include specific monitoring per protocol and physicians are consulted when necessary.
- Patients are discharged when findings are normal.
- The puerperium is assessed and managed.
- Provide an atmosphere where a mother can develop and utilize her own and other resources in order to have a safe and satisfying maternity experience.
- Identify potential problems, risk factors and/or complications. Performance will be up to standard when:
- Health habits are assessed and patients are included in the findings.
- Venereal diseases are diagnosed and treated.
- External genitalia problems are addressed.
- Medications are prescribed with instruction about use, mode of action and side effects.
- Patients are taught how to manage their diagnosis.
- Breast self-exam is taught to all women unfamiliar with technique.
- Physician consultations are appropriate.
- Monitor chronic and stable gynecological conditions. Performance is up to standard when:
- Continuing or recurrent problems are identified and addressed.
- Continuity of health management is provided.
- A therapeutic regimen is supported.
- Medication are adjusted and relevant teaching done.
- Constructive health behaviors are promoted.
- Patients are encouraged to manage and live with their chronic disease.
- Organize and communicate relevant data about patient. Nurse Midwife Job Performance will be up to standard when:
- Data about clients is collected and documented.
- Patient charts convey accurate information.
- Diagnostic and laboratory tests are interpreted correctly.
- A description of patient education is charted.
- The midwife acts as a patient advocate.
- Projected plans for follow-up care are documented.
- Collaborate with physicians and other health care professionals. Performance will be up to standard when:
- Selected deviations from norm are managed in collaboration with a physician and in combination with patient teaching and counseling.
- Patient triage is accurate and referrals are appropriate.
- Other health professionals and resources are identified for the patient as indicated.
- Follow-up and evaluation of all services provided results in coordinated health management and education.
- Nursing is advocated and supported.
- Attend selected meetings. Belong to appropriate committees and support GHI policies and procedures. Performance is up to standard when:
- Recommendations for improving care are made.
- Change is suggested and objective measurable data to support rationale provided.
- Attends periodic meetings with the OB/GYN department.
- Attends regular Nurse Midwives meetings.
To apply Nurse Midwife Job vacancy >>> http://tinyurl.com/75de38kNone found.