Nurse Consultant job at Visiting Nurse Service of New York – Manhattan, NY
Summary of NurseVisiting Nurse - SYNAGIS PEDIATRIC REGISTERED NURSE - Cleveland, OH. Read more ... » Consultant job
- Maintains members in the most independent living situation possible; ensures consistent care along entire health care continuum by assessing and closely monitoring members’ needs and status.
- Provides care management through a collaborative process of assessment, planning, facilitation and advocacy for options and services to meet a member’s health needs through communication and available resources, while promoting quality cost-effective outcomes.
- Provides nursing services and authorizes/coordinates services within a capitated managed care system.
- Works under general supervision.
- Closely communicates and collaborates with primary care practitioners, interdisciplinary team and family members.
- Bachelors Degree in nursing or equivalent experience in geriatric care or care of the elderly, preferred.
- Associates Degree in Nursing from an approved program – OR- Nursing diploma from a registered/licensed program by New York State Education Department (Department), or approved by another States’ licensing authority – OR- Graduate of two year nursing program approved by the licensing department of another country and acceptable to the Department, required.
- Case Management Certification, preferred.
- License and current registration to practice as a registered professional nurse in New York State, required.
- Valid drivers license may be required, as determined by operational/regional needs.
- Clinical expertise in geriatrics preferred.
- Minimum of three years RN experience, required.
- Long Term care experience, preferred.
- Bilingual skills may be required, as determined by operational needs.
- Managed care experience, preferred.