Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Job Responsibilities
- Under physician supervision, coordinates care of acutely ill post-surgical patients in multiple intensive care and acute care unit settings.
- Specifically, role requires the practitioner to perform advanced diagnostic and therapeutic tasks associated with neonates admitted to the NICU.
- Direct, coordinate and participate in neonatal transports (ground and air) to and from UMHS.
- Initiate medical treatment, in collaboration with supervising physician, to stabilize the neonate prior to and during transport and lead a team to retrieve neonates from other institutions.
- The practitioner will complete detailed histories and physicals and present pertinent data to the medical staff.
- Collect and interpret reports from diagnostic lab tests, radiographic procedures, and clinical studies.
- Order tests and prescribe medications.
- Perform various diagnostic, therapeutic, and minor procedures.
- Contribute to the education of new resident physicians to the service and assist in maintaining continuity of care throughout the NICU.
- Confer with attending physicians and communicate with other care providers/consultants to coordinate clinical care.
- Maintain accurate documentation regarding patient status, evaluations, and treatment.
- Streamline the patient transfer process between levels of care, including writing discharge orders and communicating specific patient needs to team members.
- Attend high risk deliveries, lead neonatal resuscitation activities. Participate in quality assurance activities.
- Perform other related duties as requested by the attending physician, and/or NICU medical director.
- Utilize new improvements and/or technologies that relate to job assignment.
Note: This is a day position with night rotation.
This Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Job position and includes weekend and holidays shifts as required by the service.
Nursing Specific Info of Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Job
- Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
- Posting may be filled after the initial 5-day posting period. Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort.
- Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
Required Qualifications of Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Job
- Current license to practice Nursing in the State of Michigan.
- Graduation from an accredited nurse practitioner program.
- A Master’s degree in Nursing.
- Certification as a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner.
- Clinical experience in a Neonatal ICU.
- Specialty Certification as a nurse practitioner by the State of Michigan.
- A minimum 1 year experience caring for acutely ill patients with diseases common in a NICU setting.
- Demonstrated ability to positively contribute to a team.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills, organization and problem solving skills.
- Ability to function independently while assuring the medical care team is functioning smoothly and in collaboration with each other.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate clinical care ideas across multiple patient care services and to communicate as a patient advocate.
- Demonstrated high level of critical thinking.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and manage a busy work environment. Demonstrated high level of motivation to learn and to participate in activities to improve patient care. Must reflect a professional appearance and demeanor and possess excellent customer service skills.
NOTE: Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Job RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
- You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- Demonstrated expertise in facilitating the educational growth of others through previous clinical instructional roles.
- Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of current medical, surgical, and pharmaceutical treatment modalities of the acute and chronically ill neonates.
To apply Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Job vacancy >>> http://tinyurl.com/8y2kmxy