Navigant Consulting – Washington, DC – Senior Accountant-Corporate Finance
Navigant professionals leverage a unique combination of technical expertise and industry insights to provide clients with solutions tailored to their specific business challenges and the opportunities presented by the ongoing market fluctuations and regulatory changes. The Company has 1,700 consulting professionals and 2,300 employees, with a client base reaching more than 40 cities around the world. The company is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: NCI) and in 2009 generated $707 million in total revenues. Corporate headquarters are in Chicago, Illinois (U.S.) and headquarters for international operations are in London.
Position: Senior Consultant/Senior Accountant, Valuation & Financial Risk Management
Location: Washington, DC
Navigant Capital Advisors is the dedicated corporate finance business unit of Navigant Consulting, Inc. Navigant is a specialized independent consulting firm providing financial, operational, dispute and regulatory advisory services to large companies, financial institutions, legal counsel and government agencies facing the challenges of uncertainty, risk, distress and significant change. We offer independent and objective advice supported by advanced technical skills, proven competence and in-depth industry knowledge.
Investment banking, private placement, merger, acquisition and divestiture services offered through Navigant Capital Advisors, LLC. Member FINRA/SIPC.
The Valuation & Financial Risk Management practice (VFRM) has an opening for a Senior Auditor/Senior Accountant. Valuation Financial Risk Management comprises valuation and financial risk management practice areas. This is an external client facing role that is part of Navigant’s VFRM client service teams.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting; advanced degree such as MAcc preferred.
- Must have CPA certification (or sitting for exam).
- Must have 3-5 years of accounting experience in a Big 4 or professional services organization at a Senior Auditor level.
- Must have previous experience working on financial services industry type clients, specifically in the banking area – mortgage banks, investment banks, or banks.
- Must have previous technical accounting experience and familiarity in: FAS 140, FAS 133, FIN 46(R), FAS 142, FAS 141, FAS 115, and FAS 5.
- Must have previous experience in financial reporting and solid technical accounting skills.
- Ability to travel nationally without restrictions
- Possesses solid understanding of Word, Excel and Access.
- Possesses intermediate or above average research skills.
- Able to balance multiple engagements with varying deadlines.
The company offers competitive compensation packages including an incentive compensation plan, comprehensive medical/dental/life insurance, 401(k) and employee stock purchase plans. >>» View or apply to job