Software Engineer Job Summary:
Systems design, construction, and maintenance for the medical management company. Function individually and as part of a team to build, upgrade, and troubleshoot web and desktop based systems. Integrate and enhance custom built and vendor supplied systems in a transaction based processing environment. Manage multiple assignments in a complex environment under time and cost constraints.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participate in every aspect of software development including documentation, testing, and deployment; including translating functional specifications into technical design and efficient code.
- Participate in design meetings, code, and peer review sessions.
- Follow industry, company, and standard department practices for software engineering.
- Estimate task durations and log project hours.
- Provide feedback on project status, milestones, and risks.
- Ensure systems security and protect against unlawful data disclosure.
- Upgrade and maintain department systems and software.
Activities of Software Engineer:
- Analyze system design and performance.
- Interact with operations for planning and support.
- Follow healthcare and software industry trends.
- Recommend areas for improvement in both processes and systems.
- Communicate effectively with supervisors, peers, project managers, and stakeholders.
- Participate in larger IT efforts to support the organization through continuous improvement.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: None entered at this time.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Software Engineer EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years experience working with MS SQL Server – queries, stored procedures, and views.
- Object Oriented and Component-based design experience.
- Excellent communication skills and a commitment to customer service.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: None entered at this time.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: None entered at this time.
REASONING ABILITY: None entered at this time.
To apply for Software Engineer Job: http://tinyurl.com/4s4xuty