MGM Resorts International: Computer Engineer – IT – Las Vegas, NV
Computer Engineer – IT Job Description: Troubleshoots software and hardware malfunctions and identifies network problems when they relate to personal computers. Strong understanding of Windows operating systems, experience with all Microsoft Office products as well as troubleshooting experience and knowledge of e-mail. Provides technical on-site maintenance and support for new and existing systems.
This Computer Engineer position will also provide second level support, including resolving and completing AMP Remedy tickets, process refinement and create or update documentation. This job may include any aspect of field support, and is not limited to system hardware and software, PC’s, and IP networking.
- Participate in stakeholder discussions identify opportunities to improve design, delivery or execution of services.
- Work on hardware/software issues on company supported devices.
- Create/update documentation as required.
- Work on projects as necessary.
- Track work time, update ticket status and resolutions in Service Desk ticketing system.
- Break fix for desktop, printer, point of sale, tablet, wireless (etc.) devices.
- Performs all other job-related duties as requested.
- Associates degree in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- Microsoft Certified Professional.
- Previous experience in a similar resort setting.
- At least three three years of experience in Information Technology in a similar role.
- At least two years of experience working with ITIL.
- A+ Certified.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
MGM Resorts International develops builds and operates unique destination resorts designed to provide a total resort experience, including first-class accommodations and dining, world-class entertainment, state-of-the-art meeting and convention facilities, and high-quality retail and gaming experiences.
With 62,000 employees, the Company is one of the world’s leading global hospitality and entertainment companies with 23 resorts. We’re proud to be recognized for our commitment to being socially responsible, including an industry-leading diversity and inclusive culture, community engagement and philanthropy initiatives, and a commitment to environmentally sustainable approaches in development and operations.
While we operate leading resorts and amenities, ultimately it is the people of MGM Resorts who make the difference daily by providing the ultimate guest experience. We welcome you to join us.
Job Title: Computer Engineer – IT
Type: Full Time
Location: Corporate Office – Bellagio