Marsh – New York, NY – Staff Accountant
The Staff Accountant provides accounting support to the OWG business units. This position has heavy involvement in all aspects of the monthly / quarter close processes and balance sheet consolidation. There will also be regular interaction with our financial systems team.
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Inter-company account reconciliations
- Worldwide/or country-specific shared services analysis
- Audit, code and post all I/O invoices received from parent company
- Expense variance analysis, foreign exchange analysis
- Assist in month end flash process
- Assist with quarterly flash process which includes worldwide and/or country-specific balance sheet coordination
- Provide infrastructure reporting
- Provide additional financial analysis when needed
- Assist in Sarbanes Compliance Reporting
- Partner with financial systems team. Includes transfer of data from general ledgers to the consolidation system and to various parent company databases.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, with a minimum 3.0 GPA preferred
- Internship or experience working in a public or private accounting environment a plus
- Experience with Oracle Applications or Hyperion Financial Management a plus
Skills & Attributes:
- Demonstrate ability to work independently
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office – specifically Excel & Powerpoint
- Ability to interact successfully with employees at all levels globally
About Oliver Wyman Group
Oliver Wyman Group (OWG) delivers advisory services to clients through three operating units, each of which is a leader in its field. Oliver Wyman (www.oliverwyman.com) is the largest part. It is a top-tier global management consulting firm that combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, organizational transformation, and leadership development. Lippincott (www.lippincott.com) helps clients create, develop, and manage their corporate branding, identity, and image. NERA Economic Consulting (www.nera.com) advises corporations, law firms, and government entities on the economics of competition, regulation, public policy, finance, and litigation.
Visit out website for more details about Oliver Wyman Group: www.oliverwymangroup.com . >>>» View or apply to job