LifeSize – Embedded Systems Software Engineer – Austin, TX
Related adsEmbedded Systems Software EngineerL-3 Communications - Principal Software Engineer - Greenville, TX. Read more ... »
Engineering – Software | Austin, TX, United States
LifeSize is the leading provider of high definition video communication products. Our award winning solutions combine exceptional quality, user simplicity, and administrator manageability to make video communications a productive, true-to-life experience.
As a Senior System Software Engineer you will be part of the team responsible for designing, developing and testing firmware for our products. Responsibilities will include creating design specification, and participation in software design and implementation activities. Other activities will include working with other project leads and team members to develop our final product.
As a Senior Embedded System Software Engineer you will ensure that our product is completed according to or exceeding function, time, cost and other parameters by: integrating complex interacting subsystems, drilling through several layers of existing code to find and resolve intricate problems, developing new firmware/software components to extend existing base to new functions, debugging and resolving firmware/hardware EE issues.
Qualified candidates will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a small team. Additionally, it is critical that candidates have the desire to work in a fast paced environment, leading complex projects in a professional engineering environment
- Fluency with Linux system programming
- Minimum of 8-10 years experience in writing embedded systems and/or micro controllers is a must
- Fluency in C programming in an embedded environment
- Experience with PowerQUICC or equivalent embedded processors a plus
- Architecting, designing and developing firmware with hardware interfaces.
- Strong knowledge of OS fundamentals and experience with Real-Time/Multi-tasking operating systems
- Expert level Device Driver and O/S kernel elements development experience
- Programming familiarity with timers, interrupts, communications protocols, instruction set codes and details, and I/O registers. You will have experience designing modular programs and creating algorithms
- Able to manage multiple, detailed projects at the same time. You will have proven ability to plan for the short/long term and excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Test development for firmware, expertise using test tools (oscilloscopes and analyzers)
- Strong hardware/software debugging ability and Assembly language programming experience
- You will be responsible for record keeping, issue collection and documentation. Ensuring the traceability of all necessary requirements including the risk assessment mitigations to test cases, design demonstrations or design analysis, as appropriate
- SW: C, C++, assembly
- Education: BSEE, BSCS or equivalent years of industry work experience. Masters preferred but not required.
No third party resumes will be accepted.
LifeSize Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer. LifeSize does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.