Description of Nursing Instructor Job
The vocational program of nursing is looking for a team player who is sincerely interested in maintaining or improving the high standards of the Program. This position may include site instruction in Reno, Nevada and Northern/Central Valley California. The fully accredited program of Vocational Nursing at Lassen Community College provides students with the skills and knowledge necessary for eligibility to take the NCLEX-PN/VN examination for licensing as a Licensed Vocational Nurse in the State of California. This is a Full-Time, Tenure Track, 10 month (177 Day) position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the Director with the coordination of curriculum, staff, facilities and schedule for the nursing program.
- Complies with Board of Vocational Nursing and Board of Registered Nursing policies to maintain program approval and standards.
- Initiates and/or participates in overall department-wide program development, maintenance, evaluation, revision and/or expansion. Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
- Provides theory instruction in the Vocational Nursing Program.
- Provides clinical supervision, performance counseling, and evaluation of students.
- Plans and initiates curriculum improvements.
- Organizes delivery of instruction.
- Prepares complete lesson plans and syllabi.
- Sustains subject matter of the course.
- Applies standards of student evaluation which are clear, fair, and followed consistently throughout the course.
- Attend orientations, staff meetings, and faculty meetings as scheduled.
- Regularly revises and updates course content and materials for instruction.
- Coordinate with other teachers the course contents and methods of the program/discipline.
- Instruction is consistent with the stated and approved content of the course.
- Courteous and approachable by students.
- Holds regular office hours or appointments to meet and assist students.
Knowledge and Skills
- Develop and use standards of student evaluation that are clear, fair, and consistent throughout the course.
- Exibit enthusiasm for the subject matter and for the students.
- Make effective use of teaching aids and materials required of students (e.g., texts, manuals, classroom technology).
- Provide instruction consistent with the approved course objectives and content.
- Use effective motivation to create a positive and innovative learning environment
- Grade and/or return student assignments and tests in a reasonable period of time.
Education & Experience:
- Registered Nurse holding a current license in the state of California and hold or be eligible for registered nursing license in the state of Nevada, PLUS a minimum of two years of experience as a RN or LVN within the last five years.
- Master’s in nursing OR Bachelor’s in nursing AND Master’s in health education or health science OR the equivalent OR the minimum qualifications as set by the Board of Registered Nursing, whichever is higher.
- An instructor in a vocational nursing program shall have or be currently attending a course offered by an accredited school in teaching.
Salary: $48,776.68 – $56,107.48 Annually
Job Type: Faculty Regular Tenure Track
Location: Main Campus, Susanville, California
To apply Nursing Instructor Job >>> http://tinyurl.com/7ph7rmo