Kindergarten Teacher Job at Salina Public Schools – Salina, KS
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, in harmony with the goals, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects to communicate these objectives to students.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Confers with and seeks assistance of district specialists regarding possible learning disabilities of student.
- Demonstrates effective human relations and communication skills.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
- Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s) and, cooperatively with department heads.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Works with designated team to plan and determine appropriate steps to meet student needs.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct, and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Complies with good safety practices.
- Complies with all district rules, regulations, and policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Title: Elementary Teacher
Reports To: Building Principal
Supervises: Assigned students/staff members
Evaluation: As per Negotiated Agreement
Job Summary: To help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible men and women.
Qualifications: Bachelors degree with appropriate Kansas licensure.
To apply Kindergarten Teacher Job vacancy >>> http://tinyurl.com/7ws9q5j