Janney Montgomery Scott LLC: Wealth Management Resident – Philadelphia, PA
Wealth Management’s mission is to assist Janney’s Financial Advisors (FAs) in the Private Client Group (PCG) grow their business consistent with the principles of holistic financial planning, advisory-based business, and professional asset management. Wealth Management team members comprised of Wealth Planning, Insurance & Annuities, Managed & Retirement Solutions, Product & Research, Parker-Hunter Asset Management and Banking Products, Partner with FAs to deliver tools and ideas designed to meet their clients’ investment objectives.
Wealth Management Resident job QUALIFICATIONS:
- Required skills/competencies:
- Organized with a strong attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work well independently and on a team;
- Intelligent, thoughtful and career-minded individual with a keen enthusiasm for the planning process;
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products;
- Required experience:
- A professional background that includes previous advisor training at a regional or national firm would be ideal
- Two years of financial services experience may be substituted for two years of progressive and demonstrated sales experience in a value-added service industry
- Required education:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Required certifications/registrations:
- Attaining licensing (Series 7, 63 & 65 or 66, L/H/VA) and commencement of a CFP course of study will be expected and supported during the term of assignment.
The Wealth Management Residency Program is a two-year program designed to provide participants with the applied Wealth Management knowledge that will help to prepare them for a successful career with Janney’s Private Client Group. The Resident will rotate through the following areas within Wealth Management:
- Wealth Management Oversight: Three months in this department will provide the Resident with a basic understanding of related regulatory issues for the department’s products and services. During this cycle of the rotation, the Resident will complete the program with a thorough grounding in applying compliance and proper administration to their careers, building a strong foundation to grow their business’ in the right way as they return to Private Client Group.
- Product & Research: Three months in this department will give the Resident an overview of the fee-based products and the research and due diligence process. At the completion of this cycle of rotation, the Resident will have a thorough understanding of how to best utilize the advisory products and services and how those goods and services are evaluated and elected.
- Insurance & Annuities: The next phase of the Residency cycle will focus on learning the basics of risk management and transfer through insurance products including Life and Health Insurance and Annuities. At the completion of this cycle of rotation, the Resident can expect a thorough understanding of how insurance can strengthen clients’ financial conditions, protect clients and their heirs as well as provide a stream of income for life throughout retirement or disability.
- Managed & Retirement Solutions: Residents will spend three months learning about the strategic direction, sales and marketing initiatives of Janney’s advisory-based Program, Mutual Fund and Retirement Planning offerings. At the completion of this cycle of the rotation, the Resident will have completed their learning of Janney’s Wealth Management Product and Service areas, having received a complete overview of what Wealth Management has to offer into the client planning cycle and best practices in selection of strategies in implementing solutions.
- Wealth Planning: The 12 months working in this department will provide the Resident with an understanding of the process of creating and delivering comprehensive financial and estate plans describing client financial, tax, investment, and estate planning strategies. During this cycle of the rotation, the Resident will complete a program of formal study, assist in plan creation and help the Department’s Planners in the completion of their tasks. At the end of this cycle of rotation, the Resident can anticipate a thorough grounding in the strategic planning process and delivery.
To apply Wealth Management Resident job vacancy >>> http://tinyurl.com/cortvca