Related adsA Software EngineerWeatherford: Senior Software Engineer Database - Houston, TX. Read more ... » with ADS/Bankpro toolkit programming experience is needed for the Allen, TX location.
Under moderate supervision, participates in the technical design and implementation of new products or enhancements. Participates in all phases of the development cycle: concept, technical design, prototype, code development, testing, release to QA and implementation.
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software developmentSoftware Development Engineer job at Argy, Wiltse & Robinson, P.C. - United States. Read more ... », bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which may require research.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides reasonable task and project effort estimates.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards.
- Collaboratively works with QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.
- ADS/Bankpro toolkit programming experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required; business, software engineering, or computer science degree preferred.
- Minimum of 18 months to three years of technical experience in software development or related field; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Developing professional expertise.
- Works on non-complex to moderately complex projects.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices.
General knowledge in the following areas:
- Technical knowledge in software development methodologies
- Domain and industry knowledge
- All phases of the development cycle including concept, technical design, prototype, code development, testing, release to QA and implementation
- Awareness of business issues as they impact overall project plans
- Able to demonstrate skills in the following areas:
- Software design and implementation
- Analysis and design at multiple-project level
- Research, analysis and problem resolution
- Communication and interpersonal
- Organizational and time management
- Able to create deliverables for each phase of the development cycle.
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and remain flexible to changing requirements.
- Able to provide reasonable task estimates including effort and cost; able to adjust estimates as appropriate and necessary.
- Microsoft and other programming/software engineering related certifications a plus and/or an active desire to pursue such certifications.
- Typical office setting with environmentally controlled conditions.
- Able to work extended hours as business needs dictate.
- Occasional overnight travel required.
COMPANY CONFORMANCE STATEMENT
In performance of their respective responsibilities, all employees of Jack Henry and Associates are expected to:
- Complete quality work within deadlines.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Communicate and coordinate work efforts with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Attend work regularly based on the assigned schedule.