IntelSat – Washington, DC – Senior Accountant
Related adsPosition Summary
The incumbent will apply professional level expertise in order to analyze, classify and review complex accounting transactions and relationships for a select set of Intelsat companies. The incumbent will interpret accounting results and discrepancies, advising accounting management as appropriate, will identify complex accounting problems, research possible solutions to those problems and correct the problems in a timely manner, and will examine accounting statements and documents for conformance with accounting requirements and principles. He/she may have lead responsibilities for special projects and may specialize in a specific accounting function.
- Records the day-to-day accounting activities of assigned Intelsat companies (legal entities).
- Creates and analyses financial statements and provides accounting expertise for local statutory audits.
- Conducts a detailed review of each Legal Entity’s accounting books on a monthly basis, researching any monthly variances and using accounting knowledge to provide corrective entries to management for any discrepancies.
- Interacts with all levels of staff to obtain information regarding complex transactions and ensure that any related accounting impacts are properly recorded and disclosed.
- Prepares and analyses schedules for the monthly, quarterly and yearly review of Legal Entity accounting books.
- Provides analysis for PBC items as required by external auditors.
- Performs monthly bank and account reconciliations, identifying and correcting any variances in a timely manner.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study, with at least three years of direct accounting experience and knowledge of the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) of the United States.
- Must have excellent time and workload planning skills.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have strong accounting system skills with significant experience working with accounting systems.
- Must have excellent Excel skills.
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
- Experience with Oracle accounting systems highly preferred.