Intel – Austin, TX – Graphics Software Engineer – 549675
The position described below is a job profile that is generally representative of current or future openings at Intel. Instead you will be answering a series of questions that will enable Intel Recruiters to more effectively match you to current and future job openings. This process will take approximately 5 minutes.
Join the revolution in Visual Computing
Intel is changing the way the world sees 3D graphics, visualization and games. Our Visual Computing Group is developing new architectures that will deliver teraflops of performance for high-throughput applications including scientific computing, gaming and visualization.
Join a team of the brightest minds in graphics technology, hardware and software engineeringWestern Digital: Senior Staff Engineer Platform - Mountain View, CA. Read more ... ». We’re looking for passionate and talented engineers who are ready to make significant impacts in graphics and visual computing.
Current Positions Include:
Senior Graphics Software EngineerVMware: Software Implementation Consultant - Atlanta, GA. Read more ... » Intel’s Visual Computing Group is seeking DirectX* Driver Developers and/or 3D Driver Engineers who will help us architect and lead the implementation of features in our DirectX* or OGL* drivers. In this position, you will be expected to help set direction for the architecture and/or implementation of new features including opportunities to influence the overall architecture, debugging driver issues, and performance analysis
> You must possess a minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Masters of Science degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred.
Additional minimum requirements include:
- 7 years of either Direct X* and/or OGL* experience(either at the application programming level or at the driver level)
- 3 years of parallel programming models
- Experience owning or leading the delivery of key features or components for graphics products
- Work experience designing and/or developing graphics drivers for Windows* operating systems
- Excellent planning, organization, presentation, and communication skills
- Ability to deal with highly complex systems and apply analytical problem solving
Preferred qualifications include:
- Strong knowledge of Intel x86 Architecture
- Experience w/ emulation of GPU
- Familiarity with modern GPU architectures
- Experience with x86 assembly language programming
- Clear examples demonstrating passion to innovate and win
- Knowledge of the gaming industry
- Job Category : Engineering
- Primary Location : USA-Oregon, Hillsboro
- Other Locations : USA-California, Folsom, USA-Texas, Austin
- Full/Part Time : Full Time
- Job Type : Experienced
- Regular/Temporary : Regular
- Posting Date : Mar 10, 2010
- Apply Before : Mar 11, 2011
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel’s industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.