Ingersoll Rand: Staff Accountant II – North Carolina
Staff Accountant II will support the North America Record to Report Expense team. This role will assist with month-end close, reconciliations, and analysis. Primary responsibilities will be analyzing and processing expense related transactions to create journal entries and accruals, prepare balance sheet account reconciliations, perform account analysis and conduct special projects as assigned.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
At Ingersoll Rand, we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car®,Ingersoll Rand®, Thermo King®, Trane®, American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® – work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for recording expense and accrual transactions within Oracle R12 and legacy SBU systems as required for RTR North America.
- Provide accurate and timely assistance with month-end close, processes, journal entries, and reconciliations
- Responsible for North America expense GRNI (Goods Received not Invoiced)
- Respond to internal and external audit requests
- Independently work on moderately challenging projects and assignments
- Analyze and suggest possible areas for productivity and process improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or closely related discipline required. Accounting degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years general accounting experience required.
- Strong PC skills required: Microsoft Office Suite (with Excel emphasis).
- Experience with Oracle R12, BI Reporting, and HFM preferred.
- Must be able to adapt to change, function effectively in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively (both oral and written) and build relationships.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.