Howard Center: Classroom Assistant – Winooski, VT
Howard Center as The Winooski Family Center is seeking to hire a Classroom Assistant to join our Preschool Team. The primary function of this role is to support the overall position of the Preschool Classroom by assisting the Teachers in providing a safe and nurturing environment for children that encourage their social, emotional, physical and intellectual development. A successful candidate will be respectful, possess cultural awareness and sensitivity, be flexible, demonstrate sound work ethics, be consistent and fair, be compassionate and understanding, and be able to build esteem while ensuring a safe and secure environment.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- At least a high school graduate or has completed a GED and ends Fundamentals for Early Childhood Professionals’ course within the first twelve (12) months of employment; or at least a high school graduate or has completed a GED and successful completion of a three (3) college credit course in child or human development or in school age care and education within the first twelve (12) months of employment.
- Experience in preschool setting and knowledge Somali or Bhutanese culture and language are preferred.
Minimum Requirements / Knowledge / Skills for the Classroom Assistant position are:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a team
- Basic computer knowledge
- Powerful and skillful in dealing with emergency situations.
- Must have reliable transportation and driver’s license
- At least one year of relevant experience preferred
- High School/Trade School degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in the United States required
Equal Opportunity Employer
Howard Center is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
Job Title: Classroom Assistant
Location: Winooski, VT
Position Type: Full-time
Job Category: Classroom Teacher > Preschool
Karen Prosciak, Director
87 Elm Street
Winooski, Vermont 05404
Phone: (802) 655-1422