High Salary Sr. System Level Software Engineer (Windows) at PcHiring Consultant in SC
We are seeking a talented software development professional who specializes in system-level development (device drivers, firmware, embedded systems) to serve as a key member of the engineering team. This individual will be responsible for developing device drivers, supporting software, and firmware for networking and communication hardware and software products. They develop custom software at the system level, including device drivers, firmware, embedded applications, protocol stacks, board support packages, and custom interfaces. They specialize in wireless communications for military and embedded systems.
Software Engineer Position duties
Responsibilities include the design and development of protocols and algorithms for a variety of networking technologies, including 802.11/WLAN, ATM, Ethernet, VoIP, cellular/wireless, and/or broadband communications.
This individual must be able to communicate effectively with clients and be attentive to customer satisfaction.
- BSCE, BSCS or BSEE with 8+ years of experience is required.
- Must have strong C/C++ programming experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong debugging skills
- Superior problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Experience with at least one of the following: Linux kernel programming, embedded Linux, Windows kernel mode programming, RTOS (VxWorks, Green Hills INTEGRITY, pSOS, etc.) programming
- Experience programming software at the hardware level (one or more of the following: device drivers, firmware, embedded systems)
- US citizenship
Desired: The following experience is desired:
- Windows Kernel Programming (XP, Vista, Windows 7: 32 and 64 bit)
- Experience with WinDBG
- Reverse Engineering (IDA Pro, Ollydbg, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of TCP/IP
- Wireless networking experience is a plus
- Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Eight to twenty years experience developing system level software.
Candidates with a TS/SCI with clearance with full scope polygraph are preferred. Ability to obtain clearance
Software-Engineer-Salary & Benefits
The company offers a salary commensurate with experience and a full benefits package.
Software Engineer Benefit package includes:
- Relocation Incentive Bonus, 401(k),
- Health Insurance,
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance,
- Life Insurance,
- paid vacation and holidays.