High quality teachers still needed in Milwaukee at Milwaukee Teaching Fellows
High quality teachers still needed in Milwaukee
About the Job
Outstanding individuals are still needed in content areas often plagued by teacher shortages, including math, science, special education, and bilingual education. You can be teaching in a Milwaukee classroom by fall 2011!
The Milwaukee Teaching Fellows program (www.MilwaukeeTeachingFellows.org) is a highly selective, innovative path to becoming a teacher and making a difference in Milwaukee’s highest-need public schools. We focus on recruiting talented individuals from diverse backgrounds who will use their knowledge, experience, and records of achievement to positively change the lives of students in Milwaukee. No educational experience or coursework is necessary.
Benefits of Milwaukee Teaching Fellows:
- Streamlined, personalized application process and quick turnaround time
- Specialized summer training, offering hands on coaching and practice teaching
- Fellows are eligible for a $5,500 AmeriCorps award to use toward educational expenses after successful completion of their first year of teaching
- Alternative licensure and Master’s program that will be completed while teaching full time, earning full teacher’s salary and benefits
- Network of talented, committed teachers working to make a greater difference with the students who have the greatest need
Years of Experience : Less than 1 Year
Education Level : Bachelor’s Degree
Career Level : Entry Level
teacher-salary : $35,727.00 – $35,727.00 /year
To apply : http://tinyurl.com/4qk53e4