Software Developer Job Description
Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products. Develops software including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
At Hewlett-Packard Enterprise, our ideas propel our world faster. We’re an industry-leading technology company. And we’re accelerating everything we do. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, our technology and services help transform our customers around the world to become more efficient, more productive and more secure. They enable our customers to go further. And our employees to develop, learn and advance their careers. Ready to change the world? No one’s doing it faster.
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintains code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Support of existing software applications including bug fixing and critical issues response.
- Analysis and design including requirement gathering and documentation.
- Customer and stakeholder communication.
- Providing technical assistance regarding the environment setup and configuration.
- Part of a Scrum team driving technical direction for the team and ensuring the highest professional quality of the work.
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- Minimum 2-4 years experience
- Experience and Skills
- Hons degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field
- 18 Months plus expertise in an Agile software development organization.
- Excellent knowledge and considerable development experience with Java and Application Frameworks
- Familiarity and experience with Test Driven Development.
- Familiar with Tomcat application servers, creation of Spring web services and multi-threaded programming.
- Knowledge of version control systems (GitHub) and continuous integration engines (Jenkins) and container technologies such as Docker.
- Proficiency using IDEs such as IntelliJ \ Eclipse
- Knowledge of database structure and design.
- Understanding of software development lifecycles and methodologies with particular emphasis on Scrum development practices.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a tea
Job Title: System Software Developer JAVA
Job Category: Engineering
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Ft. Collins
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Software Engineer Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.