GE Healthcare: Software Engineer Job in Barrington, IL
GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.We are seeking a software engineer who will be responsible for design and development of software features for the GE Healthcare Centricity Perioperative product line. The engineer will be a contributor in evolving the Centricity Perioperative products for a major project just approved. Responsibilities will include: designing and developing defined features in .NET, VB6, or JAVA and SQL Server 2008 all of which will continue to grow the product to maintain its competitiveness in the market.
- Proven strong customer interaction and customer focus to troubleshoot customer issues and/or requirements gathering.
- Bachelor or Masters in Engineering, Computer Science, Information technology or equivalent.
- Excellent communications, both written and verbal and demonstrated ability to effectively interface with cross-functional teams through at least 1 previous work experience.
- Proven requirement analysis and design skills with a minimum of 10 years’ working on new features or application subsystem
- 5+ years’ experience in information technology product development/support, or equivalent utilizing VB6, .NET, JAVA, SQL Server programming or .equivalent in a Windows operating system environment.
- Participate in ongoing product quality improvement initiatives.
- Utilize metrics to evaluate performance and implement measurable changes.
- Maintain and support existing product through investigating technical issues reported by the customer.
- Collaborative development with global engineering teams as well as working with cross function teams including marketing, system test and service. This includes following specifically to an agile development methodology.
- Utilizing knowledge of software developmentA2Z Development Center: Software Development Manager - Sunnyvale, CA. Read more ... » methodologies to follow development processes through requirements analysis, design, development, testing and documentation of new functionality and enhancements for an FDA-regulated medical product.
- Driving performance and reliability aspects of the software;
- Medical/Clinical/HCIT Centricity Perioperative domain experience
- HL7 Networking protocol/other Healthcare standards
- Understanding of the use and application of design patterns.
- Experience deep diving into complex issues, providing engineering level support and making technical decisions independently without supervision
- Experience in an Agile development team.
- 7+ years’ experience in information technology product development/support, or equivalent utilizing VB6, .NET, JAVA, SQL Server programming or .equivalent in a Windows operating system environment.
- Prior experience in the Medical IT industry and commercial applications.
- Experience in a regulatory environment
- Technical team lead experience and/or driving system architecture
To apply Software Engineer Job vacancy >>> http://tinyurl.com/7hqla4c