Financial Advisor job at Navy Federal Credit Union in Dale City, VA
Financial Advisor Duties:
To assist members with meeting their financial goals through collecting and analyzing information regarding their financial circumstances, counseling and recommending of appropriate investments. This includes packaged products such as managed fee-based programs, mutual funds, variable annuities, as well as individual securities. Registration is required by NFFG or incumbent broker/dealer, and life & health insurance products while appointed Navy Federal Financial Group, Insurance Agency or incumbent insurance agency.
Financial Advisor Required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Extensive experience within the financial services industry in a position with extensive customer interaction with proven success in accurately assessing customers’ financial needs, in determining appropriate investment and other financial opportunities for clients, and in recommending products and services;
- FINRA Series 6 or 7, and NASAA Series 65 or 66 (and NASAA Series 63 in states where required)registration and Life & Health Insurance License or ability to obtain within 120 days of employment;
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of industry related laws and government regulations;
- Thorough knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, financial markets, banking and analysis and reporting of financial data;
- Demonstrated proficiency in two or more of the following areas: Share Certificates, Individual Retirement Accounts, Lending & Credit Insurance, Mortgages, Checking, ATM, Savings and other financial institution products;
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills;
- Strong analytical, decision-making, problem-solving and organization skills;
- Appointment by the sponsoring insurance company;
- Appointment by the sponsoring broker-dealer;
- Working knowledge of investment and insurance products;
- Experience in business development to include market strategy, product demonstration and promoting goods and services;
- Proficiency in the use of PCs and spreadsheet, database, word processing applications, and financial analysis software tools.
Financial Advisor Desired Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Management or related discipline or relevant professional experience;
- Ability and willingness to pursue CFP, ChFC, or CLU designation after one year of successful employment.