Fidelity Investments – Boston, MA – Senior Accountant
Related ads :Job Description
Senior Accountant – 1001884
Fidelity Investments is an international provider of financial services and investment resources that help individuals and institutions meet their financial objectives. In addition to more than 350 Fidelity mutual funds, we also offer discount brokerage services, retirement services, estate planning, wealth management, securities execution and clearance, life insurance, human resources and payroll outsourcing services and much, much more. Corporate Accounting seeks to provide the senior management of Fidelity Investments and the operating management of the subsidiaries it supports with timely and accurate financial information prepared in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and in a manner consistent with the financial policies of the corporation.
This position is part of a team that is responsible for the total company consolidation and reporting. As a result, the group is exposed to a broad range of accounting topics. The position provides the opportunity to work closely with members within the Corporate Accounting, Reporting, Treasury and Tax departments. The position will have core responsibilities typical to the monthly close process but also have exposure to work done at the total company level.
This position within Corporate Accounting performs moderately complex accounting functions while ensuring compliance with accounting standards, controls and procedures which may include: accrual recognition, balance sheet account reconciliation, variance analysis, journal entry processing, regulatory reporting, and financial statements. The position participates in moderately complex accounting projects providing technical expertise and judgment. The position reports to the Manager of Consolidation and Reporting in Corporate Accounting.
- Perform accounting function (journal entries, account reconciliation, variance analysis) for certain investment, shareholder, and partnership accounts related to FASB pronouncement “FIN 46 – Consolidation of Variable Interest Entities”. Perform accounting functions for FIN 46 consolidation including overall consolidation reconciliation. May also perform accounting functions for other Corporate accounts and assist with certain aspects of the total Company consolidation
- Participate in and prepare schedules as required for annual audit with external auditors
- Prepare consolidated financial statement disclosures for FMR Corp. and Subsidiaries audited financial statements
- Perform technical accounting research and assist with implementation of new accounting policies and procedures
- Assist the Manager of Consolidation and Reporting in Corporate Accounting on ad hoc requests and deliverables as needed
- Respond to inquiries from management, auditors and regulatory agencies regarding accounting policies, procedures and problems
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting. CPA required (Note: CPA candidate will be considered)
- 2 – 3 years of relevant accounting experience
- Experience with consolidation reporting (i.e., FIN 46) recommended
Skills and Knowledge
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles, practices and internal controls
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work well independently and exhibit good judgment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced PC skills including Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience with, or demonstrated ability to learn, complex financial systems and multi-dimensional reporting tools (i.e., Oracle and Essbase)