Fannie Mae – Washington, DC – Senior Accountant
Related adsJob Description
Senior AccountantMedco Health Solutions, Inc. for Accountant in Franklin Lakes, NJ. Read more ... »-27904
Fannie MaeFannie Mae - Treasury Accountant - Washington, DC. Read more ... » exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration’s Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation’s housing recovery.
Operate with considerable latitude in performing highly complex duties related to preparing and analyzing financial information to record transactions, prepare financial reports, and review and verify accuracy. Provide value-added expertise to consultants, auditors, and others in development of new concepts, techniques, and standards. Utilize wide-ranging experience to conduct research and problem-solving. May operate in a lead role within the team.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Compile, review, analyze, and record financial information to the general ledger. Complete monthly closings.
- Prepare balance sheet and profit and loss statements, consolidated financial statements, and other accountingPittsburgh Pirates: Financial Accountant & Analyst - Pittsburgh, PA. Read more ... » schedules and reports.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reconciliations to ensure general ledger account information is accurate, consistent, traceable, and auditable.
- Execute and manage timely and accurate transactions.
- Identify control weaknesses, communicate to management, and operate in a lead capacity in making remedial changes to tighten and enhance controls and mitigate risk.
- Design and produce reports.
- Conduct research and analyses on highly complex issues. Devise creative and effective solutions.
- Provide requested information to auditors, consultants, and others on highly significant matters requiring coordination.
- Design, modify, install, and/or maintain accounting systems to ensure adequate recognition of financial transactions.
- May perform highly complex projects or participate as a team member on projects at the highest level of complexity.
- * Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent required
- 6-8 years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Bachelors degree in accounting or finance
- CPA preferred
- Detailed understanding of securities and securities accounting
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to provide guidance to team members and lead projects
- Strong ability in data mining and/or data analytics
- Ability to absorb information and data from multiple sources, apply analytical skills, and produce thoughtful analysis and recommendations.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com. >>>» View or apply to job