English TeacherMEP Services: 2nd Grade Teacher - Livonia, MI. Read more ... » Job Description
Title: Classroom TeacherReynolds School District: 4th Grade Classroom Teacher - Portland, OR. Read more ... »
Reports To: Department Chairperson and Building Principal
Terms of Employment: English Teacher Salary and work year according to current contract.
Job Goal: To develop an instructional environment and use teaching strategies in such a way that the district goals for students in the cognitive, affective, and psychomotor development are achieved.
Appropriate Illinois State Board of Education Certification is required for subject area and grade levels taught.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized institution of higher education.
- Valid Illinois teaching certificate with endorsements appropriate to teaching assignment.
- Able to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program.
- Able to plan and implement lessons based on school objectives and the needs and abilities of students who whom assigned.
- Able to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plan a program of instruction for each student that incorporates diagnosis, prescription and evaluation.
- Meet and instruct assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity, interests, and abilities of students.
- Prepare for classes assigned, and show written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Set and maintain appropriate standards of classroom behavior that are consistent with administration policies and develop rules for classroom behavior which are enforced in a fair and just manner.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Strive to implement by instruction and action the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis provide progress reports as required, and communicate with parents as deemed necessary.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Assist in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations, and board policy.
- Make provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Attend and participate in building and district meetings to promote effective communication and the efficient operation of the school.
- Serve on district committees which develop curriculum and enhance instruction; committee work beyond the regular school day will follow guidelines established in policy.
- Attend established traditional school-sponsored activities.
- Contribute to the decisions made by the district and building regarding budget, facilities, curriculum, professional development, and personal well-being.
- Work to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents concerning both the broad academic and behavioral progress of all assigned students.
- Exhibit behavior consistent with the district vision, mission and belief statements.
- Plan and supervise assignments for teacher aides, student teachers, and volunteers.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relations with others.
- Take an active part in the district approved teacher evaluation process.
- Provide for individual professional growth through an ongoing program of reading, workshops, seminars, conferences, and/or advanced course work at institutions of higher learning.
- Perform such other appropriate duties as may be assigned by the principal and/or department chairperson.
To apply : http://tinyurl.com/3cg9u6m